Five Notre Dame graduate students, including two from the College of Arts & Letters, have been accepted into the inaugural cohort of the Navari Family Center for Digital Scholarship Pedagogy Fellows for the 2021-2022 academic year. The new fellowship program is an opportunity for Notre Dame Ph.D. students from Arts & Letters and the College of Science to build their teaching expertise, gain instructional experience, and engage in a life-long community of practice.
Shamrock Series academic events in Chicago include NDISC international security experts discussing U.S.-China relations
“Ripe for Rivalry? U.S.-China Relations Under the Biden Administration” will feature a discussion of U.S.-China relations featuring a former senior diplomat and think tank president Ivo Daalder, business leaders Girish Rishi and Leo Melamed and a noted strategic analyst, Notre Dame professor Eugene Gholz. The panel will be moderated by Michael Desch, Notre Dame’s Packey J. Dee Professor of International Relations and the Brian and Jeannelle Brady Director of the Notre Dame International Security Center.
Art history majors at Notre Dame pursue their passions while developing skills such as visual literacy, analysis, communication, and information synthesis. "Art history helps us gain a better understanding of the world in today's visual culture," said Cruz Martinez. After graduation, students go on to top graduate and professional schools and work in a variety of professions and industries. “It's very much about storytelling," said art history major Meg Burns. “That's really what drew me to art history and continues to really excite me about coming back to the subject every day.”
Answers to Frequent Questions
- When is the Arts and Letters diploma ceremony?
- What can I do with an Arts and Letters degree?
- How do I declare a major?
- Who is my adviser?
- Who is my director of undergraduate studies?
- What is the deadline to drop a class?
- How do I apply to Notre Dame?
- What graduate programs are available in Arts and Letters?
- What is College Seminar?
- How do I fund my research?
- How do I fund my internship?
- How do I start planning my senior thesis?
- Where do alumni go after a year of full-time service work?