Office for Undergraduate Studies
Location: 104 O’Shaughnessy Hall, Notre Dame, IN 46556
Office Hours: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Call for an appointment with your advising dean.
Welcome to the Office for Undergraduate Studies. Our team of assistant deans provides a range of services, including orientation, student advising, course scheduling, coordination of the transfer and readmission process, approval for study abroad, advising regarding course completion while abroad, and status certification of undergraduate degrees.
- A–E: Dean Collin Meissner
- F–G: Dean Nicholas Russo
- H-K: Dean Mary O'Callaghan
- L–Q: Dean Darlene Hampton
- R–Z: Dean Joseph Stanfiel
First Year Advising
First Year students in Arts and Letters are assigned individual advisors to help them navigate their transition to the University and the College. Contact information and appointment scheduling is available at First Year Advising, located in 119 O'Shaughnessy Hall.
To Serve, Educate, and Empower
The mission of the Office for Undergraduate Studies in the College of Arts and Letters at the University of Notre Dame is to:
- serve as a resource for students and for offices in the College and across the University.
- uphold and maintain the standards inherent in the Academic Code of Honor.
- empower students to be lifelong, self-directed learners by mentoring students and encouraging them to explore opportunities in research, publication, international education and scholarship and to identify their strengths in considering potential career path.
- meet students where they are in their respective life journeys.
- lend encouragement as students progress toward their own life goals.
- promote an appreciation of collegiate education as an opportunity for exploration, contemplation, and intellectual engagement by providing and directing students to resources.
- work cooperatively with other campus entities to inspire students to develop ethical standards and values for life.
In sum, our overarching goal is to achieve unsurpassed excellence in the guidance and nurturing of undergraduate students during their intellectual and spiritual journeys as members of the Notre Dame community.