Office for Undergraduate Studies
Location: 104 O’Shaughnessy Hall, Notre Dame, IN 46556
Office Hours: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Stop by or call for an appointment with your advising dean.
Welcome to the Office for Undergraduate Studies. Our team of assistant deans provides a range of services, including orientation, student advising, course scheduling, coordination of the transfer and readmission process, approval for study abroad, advising regarding course completion while abroad, and status certification of undergraduate degrees.
All students are assigned an assistant dean based on their last names. All Pre-health and neuroscience and behavior majors in the College work with Assistant Dean Vicki Toumayan. Students preparing for law school are invited to consult with Assistant Dean Ava Preacher, although they should continue to see their assigned adviser for all other matters.
To Serve, Educate, and Empower
The mission of the Office for Undergraduate Studies in the College of Arts and Letters at the University of Notre Dame is to:
- serve as a resource for students and for offices in the College and across the University.
- uphold and maintain the standards inherent in the Academic Code of Honor.
- empower students to be lifelong, self-directed learners by mentoring students and encouraging them to explore opportunities in research, publication, international education and scholarship and to identify their strengths in considering potential career path.
- meet students where they are in their respective life journeys.
- lend encouragement as students progress toward their own life goals.
- promote an appreciation of collegiate education as an opportunity for exploration, contemplation, and intellectual engagement by providing and directing students to resources.
- work cooperatively with other campus entities to inspire students to develop ethical standards and values for life.
In sum, our overarching goal is to achieve unsurpassed excellence in the guidance and nurturing of undergraduate students during their intellectual and spiritual journeys as members of the Notre Dame community.