Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
Established in fall 2020, the College of Arts and Letters Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee (DEIC) leads the College’s efforts to build a diverse community animated and sustained by a culture of inclusiveness.
The committee promotes an inclusive and equitable climate; facilitates the recruitment, retention, and development of a flourishing diverse community; and sustains and champions innovative and inclusive scholarship and teaching. It coordinates with University-wide efforts and implements and monitors progress on College-level initiatives to address all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion — including those identified by faculty, students, and other College members or groups.
The committee is co-chaired by Ernest Morrell, the associate dean for the humanities and equity and Coyle Professor in Literacy Education, and Dianne Pinderhughes, a professor of political science and Africana studies.
Questions, comments, and suggestions are always welcome at email@example.com.
- Ernest Morrell, Co-Chair
- Dianne Pinderhughes, Co-Chair
- Steven Battin
- La Donna Forsgren
- Maria McKenna
- Marisel Moreno
- Rev. Hugh Page, Jr.
- Kate Garry
- Matt Zyniewicz
Notre Dame Resources
Employee Resource Groups
- Adelante ND: Latinx Staff and Faculty Association
- Black Faculty and Staff Association
- Faculty and Staff of Chinese Heritage Association
- Notre Dame Staff of International Descent
- Notre Dame Veterans Association
- Spectrum LGBTQ and Ally Employee Resource Group
- Thrive! Inspiring ND Women
- Young Leaders of Notre Dame