Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
Established in fall 2020, the College of Arts and Letters Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee (DEIC) leads the College’s efforts to build a diverse community animated and sustained by a culture of inclusiveness.
The committee promotes an inclusive and equitable climate; facilitates the recruitment, retention, and development of a flourishing diverse community; and sustains and champions innovative and inclusive scholarship and teaching. It coordinates with University-wide efforts and implements and monitors progress on College-level initiatives to address all aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion — including those identified by faculty, students, and other College members or groups.
Questions, comments, and suggestions are always welcome at firstname.lastname@example.org. The committee is also gathering information through specific outreach efforts including:
- Graduate student listening session: Tuesday, Oct. 27
- Faculty listening session: Friday, Nov. 13
- Faculty listening session: Thursday, Feb. 11
- Department visits taking place in late fall and into spring
- Graduate student listening session: Friday, April 16 at 4 p.m. RSVP for Zoom link.
- Dianne Pinderhughes, Co-Chair
- Peter Holland, Co-Chair
- Steven Battin
- Maria McKenna
- Marisel Moreno
- Rev. Hugh Page, Jr.
- Jessica Payne
- Mark Sanders
- Dawn Foster
- Kate Garry
- Matt Zyniewicz