The University of Notre Dame’s 17th annual Student Film Festival will be presented Jan. 20 to 22 (Friday to Sunday) at 7 and 10p.m. each evening in the Browning Cinema of the DeBartolo Center for the Performing Arts.
Admission is $6 for the general public, $5 for faculty and staff and $3 for students. Tickets are available by calling 574-631-2800 or visiting http://performingarts.nd.edu on the Web.
The approximately 105-minute presentation will exhibit 12 short features that represent the film and video work of Notre Dame students training for careers in film and television. Each film was completed in about two months, as a component of intermediate and advanced film and video production courses offered by Notre Dame’s Department of Film, Television, and Theatre.
This year’s featured films are:
- “$2 Ride,” by Jan Wohrle and Lyndsey Grunewald
- “Layer 18,653,” by Ryan Rogers, Eric Houston and Jimmy O’Connell
- “Skiing For Love,” by Rob Tenniswood, Dan Young and Jim Moran
- “Everyone Here,” by Hatti Lim and Rob Shelley
- “Childhood,” by Monica Engel and Katherine Zackel
- “I’ll Fly Away,” by Mikala Engel and Dan Bulger
- “Priest,” by John Klein and Mike Molenda
- “Senioretta,” by Brittny Heinrich and Noble Robinette
Originally published by newsinfo.nd.edu on January 03, 2006.at