In celebration of the inauguration of Rev. John I. Jenkins, C.S.C., as the University of Notre Dame’s 17th president, the University’s Marie P. DeBartolo Center for the Performing Arts will host several cultural events the evening of Sept. 22 (Thursday).
All performances are free, but tickets are required and available on a limited basis. For further information, call the center’s ticket office at 574-631-2800 by Friday (Sept. 16).
Events will be held in four of the center’s five performance spaces, as well as Notre Dame’s Washington Hall. They are:
- Ramsey Lewis, “Jazz with the Ramsey Lewis Trio,” 8p.m., Decio Mainstage Theater, performing arts center;
- Bohola, traditional Irish-American Music, 9p.m., Washington Hall;
- Craig Cramer, professor of organ at Notre Dame, two performances at 7:30 and 9:30p.m., Reyes Organ and Choral Hall, performing arts center;
- “Babette’s Feast” (Father Jenkins’ favorite movie), two screenings, 7 and 10p.m., Browning Cinema, performing arts center;
- Blues and Poetry Caf, hosted by poet Cornelius Eady, 6:30 to 11p.m., * * Philbin Studio Theatre, performing arts center. Tickets are not required for this event. Guests will be seated as space is available.
The performances are part of a two-day event Sept. 22 and 23 marking Father Jenkins’ inauguration. An academic forum of world leaders, a Mass and an academic procession are among the other scheduled events, which will be highlighted by the investiture of Father Jenkins at 3p.m. Sept. 23 in the Joyce Center arena.
A complete schedule of inauguration events is available on the Web at http://inauguration.nd.edu .
Contact: _Laura Moran, performing arts center, 574-631-2731, email@example.com _
Originally published by newsinfo.nd.edu on September 15, 2005.at