NDSF 2022: "Romeo and Juliet"
One of Shakespeare's most popular and iconic tales, the classic story of star-crossed romance between young lovers still has the power to thrill and move audiences anywhere. Romeo and Juliet explodes the notions of the proper behavior of youth, with a story that could be ripped from today's headlines. As tensions between their families escalate, Romeo and Juliet's secret romance ignites a chain reaction of increasingly dangerous street violence, with the growing unrest threatening to topple an entire city.
The NDSF Professional Company returns to Romeo and Juliet for the first time in sixteen years with a new staging by Chicago-based director Chris Anthony. Tickets on sale in April.
- Jess Alexander: Paris
- Louis Arata: Montague
- Marlon Burnley: Benvolio
- MaConnia Chesser*: Nurse
- David Chudzynski: Prince
- James Cullinane: Mercutio
- Zach Harness: Tybalt
- Josie Mi: Juliet
- Matt Monaco*: Lord Capulet
- Tiana Mudzimurema: Ensemble
- Gabe Ozaki: Balthazar
- Krosby Roza: Romeo
- Chauncy Thomas*: Friar Lawrence
- Rachel Thomas: Ensemble
- Carolina Vargas: Lady Capulet
* This artist appears through the courtesy of Actors’ Equity Association, the Union of Professional Actors and Stage Managers in the United States.
- Tuesday, August 16, 7:30pm (Preview)
- Wednesday, August 17, 7:30pm (Preview)
- Thursday, August 18, 7:30pm (Opening & Gala)
- Friday, August 19, 7:30pm
- Saturday, August 20, 2:00pm and 7:30pm
- Sunday, August 21, 2:00pm
- Tuesday, August 23, 7:30pm
- Wednesday, August 24, 7:30pm
- Thursday, August 25, 7:30pm
- Friday, August 26, 7:30pm
- Saturday, August 27, 2:00pm and 7:30pm
- Sunday, August 28, 2:00pm
Originally published at shakespeare.nd.edu.