Preparing for and executing a successful career search can be daunting for any student, but international students face some additional challenges that need to be navigated. Preparation for this ideally begins years before you start applying for jobs, but wherever you are in the process, this workshop aims to provide you with practical support. Monica Arul Jayachandran will also be on hand to share her own experiences with you and answer questions. Monica has recently won our 3MT presentation competition!
- Full details and RSVP on “Handshake”
Below are the topics that will be covered (pizza lunch provided):
- Body language in networking or interview situations
- Professional and networking etiquette, techniques. Building confidence to make the approach.
- Having conversations with your advisor about career ideas
- Written and Oral Proficiency
- See typical examples of communication that need to be improved and learn about opportunities to address these challenges in-depth
Originally published at gradcareers.nd.edu.