The Trump Administration made headlines this summer with new “zero tolerance” immigration policies, resulting in the detention of thousands of adults and over 3,000 children, many who were refugees fleeing violence and persecution in Central America. Join the Kroc Institute for a discussion of US immigration policies from legal, moral, psychological and policy perspectives.
Panelists will include:
- Erin Corcoran, Executive Director, Kroc Institute, and Concurrent Faculty at the Keough School of Global Affairs
- Darcia Narvaez, Professor of Psychology, University of Notre Dame
- Rev. Daniel Groody, CSC, Director, Kellogg Global Leadership Program; Associate Professor of Theology and Global Affairs; Director, Center for Latino Spirituality and Culture, Institute for Latino Studies
- Maria Woltjen, Executive Director, Young Center for Immigrant Children's Rights at the University of Chicago School of Law
- Cory Smith, Vice President of Policy, Communications and Advocacy, Kids in Need of Defense
All are welcome.