Gain experience through an internship, experiential learning opportunities, conducting research, campus activities, and volunteering.
- Make a check-in appointment with a career counselor
- Conduct informational interviews with alumni through IrishCompass. Create a Google Sheet or a system so you can keep track of the people in your network who you’ve talked to or would like to learn more about
- Update your resume and digital presence
- Take on leadership roles in your campus and volunteer activities
- Attend the Fall and Winter Career Fairs — bring copies of your resume
- Research and apply to summer internships, research opportunities, etc.
- Build job interview skills by going through mock interviews at the Center for Career Development