You’ve prepared, so now it’s time to execute and engage for the next step on your journey.
- Make a check-in appointment with a career counselor
- Research post-graduation options (jobs, service opportunities, graduate school)
- Be able to articulate the value of your liberal arts degree to others
- Use Handshake, PathwayU, and other sites to look for opportunities in your field of interest
- Center for Career Development website has many industry-specific job boards
- Attend the Fall and Winter Career Fairs
- Understand that for many liberal arts students, the hiring cycle is different than for students in business or engineering. Many employers of liberal arts students don’t hire in waves — they hire when a position is open. So the perfect opportunity for you may not come up until the end of the school year or after you graduate. Don’t panic — be persistent.
- Interview and engage with employers on and off campus — be proactive in your search
- Continue to network — remember, according to LinkedIn, 85% of jobs are filled through networking.