Map Your Path
Map Your Path Through College
The First Year
- Dig deeper into the subjects you’re passionate about.
- Challenge yourself to try something completely different.
- Start exploring opportunities at The Career Center and learn how to schedule an appointment.
- Choose a major you love — it will keep you inspired.
- Get involved — inside and outside the classroom.
- Want to study abroad? Check out Notre Dame International.
- Apply for a Summer Language Abroad grant through the Center for the Study of Languages and Cultures.
- Take an extra elective that sounds fascinating.
- Decide on your senior thesis project. For help planning and funding research, check out the Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program.
- Want an internship? Talk to your adviser, consult The Career Center, and apply for funding.
- Fix your sights on a post-graduation fellowship. Visit the Flatley Center for Undergraduate Scholarly Engagement for help applying for the Rhodes, Truman, Fulbright, and other programs.
- Double check that you’ve fulfilled all your University and College requirements.
- Ready to find a full-time job? Talk with your advising dean and The Career Center.
- Considering graduate school? Consult with your advisers to build a competitive application.
- Want to spend a year with a domestic or international service organization? Explore opportunities through the Center for Social Concerns.
Get ready to connect to the vast Notre Dame alumni network — featuring more than 220 clubs worldwide.