Associate Dean for the Arts, McMeel Professor of Shakespeare Studies
Senior Administrative Coordinator: Chloe Leach
Faculty Recruitment, Appointments, and Departmental Coordination
- Interview all junior candidates in the Division of the Arts (Art, Art History and Design; Film, Television and Theater; and Music).
- Author or review departmental letters of offer in the Arts.
- In consultation with the Dean, review recruitment of women, minority, and mission faculty candidates.
- Administer appointment process and materials in Arts departments for the following:
- Endowed chairs (including the organization of endowed chair committees)
- Preliminary screening of promotion packets in the Arts
- Junior faculty
- Visitor and adjunct faculty
- Approve budget allocations for non-regular faculty appointments and salaries
- Administer faculty leaves within the Division of the Arts.
- Administer salary appeals within the Division of the Arts.
- Review and coordinate non-Regular teaching within the Division of the Arts, including postdoctoral and visiting scholar appointments.
- Develop and administer retirement agreements within the Division of the Arts.
- Participate in departmental and program reviews in the Division of the Arts.
- Prepare mid-term reviews of chairpersons within the Division of the Arts.
- Administer department reviews (in conjunction with the Dean) within the Division of the Arts.
- Prepare for the Dean a list of external reviewers of departments in the Arts.
- Develop greater and more effective collaboration among programs, centers, and University arts facilities on issues and events related to the development of the arts at Notre Dame.
- Integrate the arts into the life of the College of Arts and Letters.
- Develop and implement strategies and programs for the recruitment of student majors in the arts.
- Administer appointment process and promotions for Special Professional Faculty (SPF).
- Serve as point of contact to all Arts and Letters departments for Special Professional Faculty (SPF) hires and renewals.
- Shakespeare at Notre Dame
- Sacred Music (in conjunction with Theology)
- Decade of the Arts
Graduate Studies in the Arts
- Supervise the development of graduate programs within the Division of the Arts, including the Masters of Fine Arts and graduate certification programs
- Consult and coordinate with the Department of Theology on development of the Sacred Music program.
- Compile annual metrics for graduate studies in the Arts.
- Sr. Administrative Coordinator
- Director, Center for Creative Computing (CCC)
- University Committee on the Arts (ad hoc)
- Arts and Letters College Council
- Arts and Letters Deans and Chairpersons
- Arts and Letters Executive Committee
- Arts and Letters Faculty Search Request Review Committee
- Arts and Letters Space Committee
- Pre-screening Committee for Non-Obligatory Promotions
- Office of Academic Mission Support
- Office of Institutional Equity
- Graduate School
- DeBartolo Performing Arts Center (DPAC)
- Snite Museum
- School of Architecture