Senior Director of Finance and Administration
Michelle was appointed senior director of finance and administration in 2017. Prior to joining the College of Arts and Letters, Michelle spent 10 years working in various roles at Notre Dame Research, most recently as the director of finance and administration. In that role, she was responsible for the financial management functions for units reporting to the Vice President for Research, including the 25 interdisciplinary centers, institutes, and initiatives and the research support programs. Among her other duties, Michelle coordinated with and advised directors/managers and the Associate Vice President of Research on issues related to human resources, such as position development, position classification, posting and searches, hiring, and implementation of performance management, compensation, and recognition programs.
Prior to her work at Notre Dame, Michelle directed an AmeriCorps program, where her duties included recruiting, selecting, training, supervising, and evaluating 60 full-time people in northern Michigan. She holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees from Michigan Tech in business administration.
- Finance — Responsible for budget planning and administration for the College’s unrestricted budget as well as the oversight and review of the College’s restricted funds. Allocates funds for non-regular faculty hires and is the primary contact for special funding requests. Directs financial activities between unrestricted and restricted funding mechanisms. Interfaces with affiliated units to support business operations. Coordinates College financial functions with the Provost's Office, Controller's Office, Restricted Accounting, the Budget Office, Accounts Payable, Procurement, and Human Resources offices.
- Staff — Directs human resources activities, including staffing structure, staff recruitment and hiring, counseling, and performance enhancement. Implements University policies and supports University mission. Serves as liaison to the University’s Human Resources' and General Counsel’s offices. Serves primary staff leadership role for the College of Arts and Letters. Provides second-level review for all staff performance reviews.
- Operations — Interfaces with all department chairpersons, associate deans, and the dean on operational matters pertaining to strategic planning, infrastructure, and special projects on facilities and space planning and computing and information technology needs.
- Information Technology — Supports activities of the Arts and Letters Computing Office regarding the implementation of information technology for faculty and administrative areas of the College of Arts and Letters. Coordinates policy implementation with the Office of Information Technology through the Distributed Support Services model.
- Centralized Management Functions — Supports and facilitates diverse College departments and affiliated staff. Assists faculty department chairs in managerial oversight and departmental planning. Central point of contact and resource for operating and administrative needs of the College.
- Academic Space Planning — Directs College of Arts and Letters facilities utilization and renovations across 14 university building locations. Coordinates and liaisons with campus building services, facilities management, architects office and College departments and faculty to assure facility needs are met in an effective and efficient manner.
- DCL Services (Design, Copy, and Logistic) — Oversees and directs the College’s DCL services business. Provides a centralized print and copy facility for the College and greater campus. Incorporates course packet production and sales, copyright clearances, bulk printing, etc.
- T.D. Ball, Staff Accountant
- Matthew Fulcher, Facilities Administrator
- Tina Clark, DCL Supervisor
- Finance & Administration Assistant Program Director
- Kristen Morin, IT Director, College of Arts and Letters (non-supervisory)
- Arts and Letters Journals Committee (ex officio)
- Campus Workstation Program Committee
- College Committee for the Review of Non-Regular Faculty Requests
- College Council
- Deans and Chairpersons Committee
- Executive Committee
- Human Resources Advisory Group
- Space Action Committee
- University Business Managers Committee
- Controller’s Group
- Human Resources
- Office of Budget and Planning
- Office of the Provost
- Procurement Services