Associate Dean for the Social Sciences, Professor of Economics
Sr. Administrative Coordinator - Jenny Petersen
Faculty Recruitment, Appointments, and Departmental Coordination
- Interview all junior candidates in the Social Sciences (Anthropology, Economics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology) and Africana Studies.
- Review departmental letters of offer in the Division of Social Sciences.
- Administer appointment process and materials in Social Science departments for the following:
- Endowed chairs (including the organization of endowed chair committees)
- Preliminary screening of promotion packets in the Social Sciences
- Junior faculty
- Visitor and adjunct faculty
- Approve budget allocations for non-regular faculty appointments and salaries
- Administer faculty leaves within the Division of Social Sciences.
- Administer salary appeals within the Division of Social Sciences.
- Review and coordinate non-Regular teaching within the Division of Social Sciences, including postdoctoral and visiting scholar appointments.
- Develop and administer retirement agreements within the Division of Social Sciences.
- Prepare mid-term reviews of chairpersons within the Division of Social Sciences.
- In consultation with the Dean, review recruitment of women, minority, and mission faculty candidates.
- Participate in departmental and program reviews in the Division of Social Sciences.
- Prepare for the Dean a list of external reviewers of departments in the Social Sciences.
- Administer department reviews (in conjunction with the Dean and the Office of Strategic Planning) within the Division of Social Sciences.
- Gender Studies
- Computing and Digital Technologies
- Arts and Letters Post-Doctoral Fellowships
Graduate Studies in the Social Sciences
- Supervise graduate programs in the Division of Social Sciences, including the Ph.D. in Peace Studies.
- Review annual metrics for graduate studies in the Social Sciences.
- Coordinate, as needed, external surveys of Arts and Letters graduate studies and faculty research.
- Administer graduate student space allocations.
- Sr. Administrative Coordinator
- Director of the Institute for Scholarship in the Liberal Arts (ISLA)
- Director, Computing and Digital Technologies Program (CDT)
- Directors of interdisciplinary centers and programs (excluding undergraduate interdisciplinary minors) within the College (e.g., for appointments and budgets), including:
- Center for Children and Families (CCF)
- Center for Social Research (CSR) (joint report with Office of Research)
- Center for the Study of Religion and Society
- Center for the Study of Social Movements and Social Change
- Reilly Center for Science, Technology, and Values
- Rooney Center for the Study of American Democracy
- Journal editors (general supervision of all journals and journal support agreements)
- Arts and Letters College Council
- Arts and Letters Deans and Chairpersons
- Arts and Letters Executive Committee
- Arts and Letters Faculty Search Request Review Committee
- Arts and Letters Leave Committee
- Arts and Letters Space Committee
- College Laboratory Safety Committee (chair)
- Center for Research Computing Advisory Committee
- Limited Submissions Review Committee, Office of Research
- Pre-screening Committee for Non-Obligatory Promotions
- Strategic Research Committee, Office of Research
- Graduate School Leadership Committee, Graduate School
- Social Sciences Building Planning Committee (co-chair)
- Academic and Faculty Affairs Committee of the Board of Trustees (Social Science representative)
- Graduate School
- Office of Research
- Center for Research Computing (CRC)
- University Libraries