Associate Dean for the Humanities and Faculty Affairs, Fabiano College Chair in Italian Studies, Associate Professor of History
Senior Administrative Coordinator: Megan Snyder
Faculty Recruitment, Appointments, and Departmental Coordination
- Approve recruitment ads for departments in the Humanities
- In consultation with the search committees, approve short list for on-campus visits
- Interview all junior faculty candidates in the Humanities (American Studies, Classics, East Asian Languages and Literature, English, History, Philosophy, Program of Liberal Studies, and Theology).
- Review terms and author letters of offer in the Humanities.
- In consultation with the Dean and the department chairpersons, review recruitment of women, minority, and mission faculty candidates.
- Administer appointment process and materials in Humanities departments for the following:
- Endowed chairs (including the organization of endowed chair committees)
- Preliminary screening of promotion packets in the Humanities
- Junior faculty
- Visitor and adjunct faculty
- Approve budget allocations for non-regular faculty appointments and salaries
- Administer faculty leaves within the Division of Humanities.
- Administer salary appeals within the Division of Humanities.
- Review and coordinate non-Regular teaching within the Division of Humanities
- Discuss retirement options with faculty in the Division of Humanities.
- Participate in departmental and program reviews in the Division of Humanities.
- Prepare mid-term reviews of chairpersons within the Division of Humanities
- In consultation with the departments, prepare for the Dean a list of external reviewers of departments in the Humanities.
Faculty Affairs in Arts and Letters
- In consultation with the Dean, serve as point-of-contact for chairpersons on faculty personnel issues, especially those requiring the involvement of the Office of the Provost, the Office of the General Counsel and Human Resources.
- Center for the Study of the Philosophy of Religion
- Cushwa Center for the Study of American Catholicism
- Devers Program in Dante Studies
- Medieval Institute
Humanities Space and Facilities
- In consultation with the dean, manage long-term strategic planning for the core humanities buildings of Decio, O'Shaughnessy, and Malloy, including assignment of departmental and program space, renovations, and space management.
Graduate Studies in the Humanities
- Supervise graduate programs within the Division of Humanities, including the Ph.D. in Literature, the Medieval Institute and the History and Philosophy of Science program.
- Compile annual metrics for graduate studies in the Humanities.
- Sr. Administrative Assistant
- Director, Medieval Institute
- Director, Center for Philosophy of Religion (CPR)
- Director, Cushwa Center for the Study of American Catholicism
- Director, Maritain Center
- Arts and Letters Advisory Committee on Women in Arts and Letters (Chair)
- Arts and Letters College Council
- Arts and Letters Deans and Chairpersons
- Arts and Letters Executive Committee
- Arts and Letters Faculty Search Request Review Committee
- Arts and Letters Space Committee
- Humanities Space Committee (Chair)
- Pre-screening Committee for Non-Obligatory Promotions
- Office of General Counsel
- Office of Academic Mission Support
- Office of Institutional Equity
- Human Resources
- Graduate School
- Office of the Provost
- University Libraries
- Arts and Letters Nominating and Elections Committee